IBM’s Apache™ Spark Community Event: June 15, 2015
- Date: June 15, 2015
- Location: Galvanize, San Francisco, CA
- Watch: Live.SiliconANGLE.tv
- Watch on your Mobile theCUBE Mobile App for iOS and theCUBE Mobile App for Android
- Official Event Site
Vice President Worldwide Marketing, Information Management, IBM
Harriet Fryman stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and George Gilbert about how IBM is fulfilling the promise of getting analytics into the hands of everyone. She provided insight into the aroma of innovation around Spark and the three types of use cases.
Harriet’s last visit on #theCUBE was at IBM Information on Demand 2013.
Big Data & Analytics Executive, IBM
Joel Horwitz stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and George Gilbert about the buzz with Spark and why anyone can use this analytics operating system. He provides insight into what this technology means for businesses.
Joel visited theCUBE at IBM InterConnect 2015, and just last week at Hadoop Summit 2015.
IBM Big Data Evangelist
James Kobielus stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier about the big data analytics use cases that feature Apache Spark. He provided insight into how Spark overcomes limitations and the announcements from IBM.
Jim’s been evangelizing on theCUBE since 2012 at Hadoop Summit 2012 and IBM Information on Demand 2012. Jim returned at IBM Information on Demand 2013 and joined us at IBM Insight 2014.
Paco Nathan stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and George Gilbert about Spark adoption and what’s different compared to other technologies. He provided insight into how Spark offers a much lower level of risk in making and testing changes.
Principal Scientist, IBM ExperienceOne
Robert Parkin stopped by theCUBE and chatted with Jeff Frick and George Gilbert about how Spark deals with real time data instead of having to wait. He provided insight the into huge performance increases with transactions and how processes are changing within organizations using Spark.
Staff Scientist, Lawrence Berkely National Laboratory
Fernando Perez stopped by theCUBE and chatted with Jeff Frick and George Gilbert about how his unique background and long involvement in development has lead to Spark. He provided insight into the tools that came from math an physics and how Spark is a broad technology.
GM Analytics Platform, IBM
Beth Smith stopped by theCUBE and shares with John Furrier and George Gilbert exactly what Spark is and why IBM has committed resources to developing this technology. She provided insight into why Spark was launched now and how it adds value to businesses.
Best was most recently on theCUBE at BigDataSV 2015.
VP, IBM Fellow, IBM
Rod Smith stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Jeff Frick about how businesses wanted to see results along the way and use analytics during the process or transaction instead of after it was complete.
Chief Science Officer, Galvanize
Mike Tamir stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and George Gilbert about how they train data scientists within an industry environment. He provided insight into the process Galvanize takes students so they are prepared to enter the workforce.
Chief Designer, Analytics Platform, IBM
David Townsend stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Jeff Frick about how Spark enables designers to make decisions based on data.
Related Event – #SparkWeek Spark Summit 2015 – #SparkSummit
- Analytics design aims to make data available for everyone | #sparkinsight
- One scientist’s perspective on Spark | #SparkInsight
- Filling the industry’s educational needs for data scientists | #SparkInsight
- Data is the next natural research | #SparkInsight
- Wikibon view: IBM legitimizing Spark to compete with Hadoop
- AWS adds support for Apache Spark on EMR
- Apache Spark offers multi-dimensional power to solve customer problems fast | #sparkinsight
- Spark and Databricks change the data playing field | #sparkinsight
- IBM Commerce sees major performance increases with Spark | #sparkinsight
- Vertical focus: MapR launches new specialized analytic workflows for Spark
- Mesosphere sets Spark flying on its Data Center Operating System
- 3 ways Spark will fuel innovation at IBM | #sparkinsight
- Apache Spark community comes together at Spark Summit | #sparkinsight
- Spark for next gen data: Why IBM is jazzed about the team up | #sparkinsight