Hadoop Summit – USA – 2016
Youtube Playlist #HS16SJ
- Date: June 28-30, 2016
- Time: 9:00 am Pacific – 6:00 pm Pacific
- Location: San Jose Convention Center – San Jose, CA
- Watch: Live.SiliconANGLE.tv
- Watch: Official Event Page
- Watch on your Mobile theCUBE Mobile App for iOS and theCUBE Mobile App for Android
- Listen: CubeCasts at SoundCloud and iTunes.
- For more information : Contact theCUBE team here
Day 1 Keynote
Day one keynote address with Rob Bearden.
Day One Wrap with Abhi Mehta
John Furrier & George Gilbert wrapped up day one at Hadoop Summit with Abhi Mehta.
Hadoop Summit Day 2 Keynote
Day 2 keynote at Hadoop Summit 2016 in San Jose, CA.
Day Three Kickoff with Rakesh Kant
Rakesh Kant talks with John Furrier & Peter Burris to kickoff day three at Hadoop Summit 2016 in San Jose, CA.
VP Research, Gartner
Merv Adrian stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about whether data has value and is it going to change the work extremes of users. He also provided insight into the what to take advantage of in the future and whether we are coming into a notification economy.
Merv has been sharing his insight on theCUBE for years and most recently at BigDataNYC 2015, Hadoop Summit 2015, IBM Insight 2015 with Donald Feinberg, Hadoop Summit 2014.
VP Product Marketing, Kyvos Insights
Ajay Anand and Praveen Kankariya stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about what has changed for Hadoop and whether there is a huge application development driving multiple developments. They also provided insight into the trend of data as code, whether tooling should be open, and the action in application development.
This was Ajay’s second visit on theCUBE, repeating last year’s appearance on Hadoop Summit 2015.
Rob Bearden stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about the critical factor for customers to be successful. He also provided insight into how the Hadoop ecosystem will evolve, how the enterprise gets ready for the next level, and how it will prepare to support a new way of thinking around governance.
Rob sat down with John Furrier for an Extended Executive 1:1 earlier this year. Of course, Rob stopped by at Hadoop Summit San Jose 2015. Rob also visited theCUBE at EMC World 2014, Hadoop Summit 2014, Hadoop Summit 2013 & Hadoop Summit 2012.
Chief Technology Officer, Simba Technologies
George previously stopped by theCUBE at HBaseCon 2015.
VP Strategy, Hortonworks
Shaun Connolly stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about the impact of Docker and the container trend to the Hadoop data ecosystem. He also provided insight into how the pieces are fitting together around platform, the Hortonworks growth strategy, and some of the vendors who use on-prem and the cloud.
Shaun has been sharing his strategic perspective on Hadoop with theCUBE audience for years. Most recently, Hadoop Summit Dublin 2015. In 2013, we saw Shaun at StrataConf Hadoop World 2013, Hadoop Summit 2013, and BigDataNYC 2013. In 2014, Shaun visited theCUBE at Hadoop Summit 2014 & BigDataNYC 2014. And in 2015, Shaun shared the knowledge at BigDataSV 2015 with EMC’s Ryan Peterson & Pivotal’s Leo Spiegel.
Platform Technical Lead, Rocana
This was Joey’s first time visiting theCUBE!
Senior Vice President, Strategy, & Business Development, Zaloni
Scott Gnau & Tendu Yogurtcu stopped by theCUBE and chatted with George Gilbert about what jumped out for Hortonworks about Syncsort. They also provided insight into how metadata is brought forward to fit in with the tools in Hadoop, what design patterns we are leaving and what we are moving to, and whether the Hortonworks data flow is the new way of doing things.
Scott has stopped by theCUBE numerous times and most recently at Hadoop Summit 2016 Dublin, Hadoop Summit 2015, and BigDataNYC 2015.
Founder & CEO, Cask
Author of Magic and Loss
VP Developer Evangelism & Community, Hortonworks
This was Mark’s first time visiting theCUBE!
Strategy and Business Development, IBM Analytics
Data Engineering, America’s, Pivotal
Jacque Istok stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about his perspective on agile, DevOps, and containers. He also provided insight into the data angle for Pivotal, whether they need to change in order to add more services to the Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and the relationship between data and the cloud.
This was Jacque’s first visit on theCUBE.
Director, Big Data Solutions, EMC
CEO, Kyvos Insights
Praveen Kankariya and Ajay Anand stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about what has changed for Hadoop and whether there is a huge application development driving multiple developments. They also provided insight into the trend of data as code, whether tooling should be open, and the action in application development.
Praveen has stopped by theCUBE many times, most recently, BigDataSV 2016 with Vineet Tyagi, Hadoop Summit 2015 with Anand Venugopal , and Hadoop Summit 2015 with Ajay Anand.
Tony Kavanagh stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about what’s going on at Actian. He also provided insight into how to get addressable data, the access of competition and the master plan at headquarters.
This was Tony’s first time on theCUBE!
VP, Product Management, Attivio
Vice President, Product and Alliance Marketing, Hortonworks
Founder & Architect, Hortonworks
Arun Murthy stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about what the trend of containers is telling us and how the value of data has changed. He also provided insight into his favorite go to market partners, whether machine learning is taking the emergent logic out of the data, and the theme at Hadoop Summit 2016.
Arun has been sharing his knowledge and insight with theCUBE Community since the very beginning of the Hadoop movement. His first visit was at Hadoop World 2011. In 2012, visits included StrataConf Hadoop World 2012, Hadoop Summit 2012 and Splunk.conf 2012. 2013 show stops included Hadoop Summit 2013 & BigDataNYC 2013. Arun also stopped by at Hadoop Summit Dublin 2015
Co-Founder & CEO, Paxata
Senior Director, Marketing, Attunity
Kevin Petrie stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about the role of Kafka in big data. He also provided insight into how Kafka is advising customers to use multiple big data ecosystems, the talk about a logical data warehouse, how metadata fits in, and the biggest problem they solve for customers.
This was Kevin’s first time on theCUBE!
Senior Global Product Marketing Manager, Teradata
This was Sri’s first time visiting theCUBE!
Corporate Vice President, Data Group at Microsoft
Joseph Sirosh stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about the value of data and innovations they are working on with data. He also provided insight into whether applications emerge from data, what Microsoft is doing with the hole in the ecosystem, and where analytics is going.
Joseph stopped by theCUBE at BigDataNYC 2014 and Structure 2015.
Senior Director Product Marketing, Hortonworks
Senior Director Solutions Marketing, Pentaho, a Hitachi Group Company
Chuck Yarbrough stopped by theCUBE and chatted with John Furrier and Peter Burris about the changes within Pentaho since the merge with Hitachi. He also provided insight into what the solution looks like for pipeline analytics, the importance of cleanliness, and current projects at Pentaho.
This was Chuck’s second visit on theCUBE after stopping by at PentahoWorld 2015.
GM, Big Data, Syncsort
Tendu Yogurtcu and Scott Gnau stopped by theCUBE and chatted with George Gilbert about what jumped out for Hortonworks about Syncsort. They also provided insight into how metadata is brought forward to fit in with the tools in Hadoop, what design patterns we are leaving and what we are moving to, and whether the Hortonworks data flow is the new way of doing things.
This was Tendu’s third visit on theCUBE in 2016, after stops at BigDataSV 2016 and Spark Summit East 2016. Last year, we saw Tendu at BigDataSV 2015, and BigDataNYC 2015.
President Digital Service Management BU, BMC
This will be Robin’s first time visiting theCUBE!
Hadoop Summit Dublin 2015
Hadoop Summit San Jose 2015
Hadoop Summit San Jose 2014
Hadoop on the Hudson – 2014
Hadoop Summit San Jose 2013
- How does OPDi compliance affect upstream projects? | #HS16SJ
- Are you a data scientist? This company says you are | #HS16SJ
- How one company is keeping data secure in the enterprise | #HS16SJ
- ‘It’s not a Hadoop-only world’: Casting a wider data net | #HS16SJ
- Is a secondary system for analytics necessary? | #HS16SJ
- Hadoop and Docker: ‘The shift from scale up to scale out’ | #HS16SJ
- New search engine makes data instantly searchable, increases data retention | #HS16SJ
- How one company is creating a united open-source community | #HS16SJ
- Is Hadoop ready for the enterprise world? | #HS16SJ
- Do you spend more time solving vendor problems than business problems? | #HS16SJ
- 3 ways Yahoo employed Hadoop to optimize utilization | #HS16SJ
- Solving business issues with a Big Data approach | #HS16SJ
- BMC evolving with Hadoop to launch new data solutions | #HS16SJ
- The big leap: How one company moves data across platforms | #HS16SJ
- Open vs. Open Source: How one proprietary company utilizes Hadoop open-source software | #HS16SJ
- The rapid rise of digital culture … and the fallout | #HS16SJ
- Enabling discovery with the next-gen platforms | #HS16SJ
- Is Hadoop becoming the center of gravity for data? | #HS16SJ
- The plot thickens: Converged vs. connected in the data apps race | #HS16SJ
- Keeping it together: Organizing endless data streams | #HS16SJ
- The sweet spots of cloud access and organization overhaul | #HS16SJ
- How data analysis opened up new possibilities for Yahoo Mail | #HS16SJ
- How to bring ‘intelligence’ to data handling | #HS16SJ
- Natural selection: Is Apache the environment of evolution for Big Data? | #HS16SJ
- Is Linkedin’s cash-out a preview of coming attractions? | #HS16SJ
- Don’t let your data lake turn into a data swamp | #HS16SJ
- Should I stay or should I go? Figuring out where data should live | #HS16SJ
- How Kafka is helping to improve visibility for data analytics | #HS16SJ
- Letting the data flow: Managing multiple data streams | #HS16SJ
- Enterprise adopts Hadoop for next-gen performance | #HS16SJ
- Driving behavior with enhanced collaboration and data-driven decision-making | #HS16SJ
- The digital data shift: ‘The modern app is a data app’ | #HS16SJ
- Data revolution will cure cancer, says Rob Bearden: Hadoop Summit keynote | #HS16SJ
- Watch LIVE: Is Hadoop still Big Data’s savior? | #HS16SJ
- Hadoop Summit 2016: How to live stream theCUBE interviews | #HS16SJ