Guest of the Week (9/19)
Adrian Ionel, CEO, Mirantis
- Dan Gordon, COO & Co-Founder, Gordon Biersch Brewing Co. (9/12)
- Ben Golub, CEO, Docker, Inc. (9/5)
- Pat Gelsinger, CEO of VMware (8/29)
- Michael Jordan, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, University of California, Berkeley (8/22)
- Craig Snodgrass, Chief Strategy Officer, Cardlytics (8/15)
- Jonathon Bryce Executive Director, OpenStack Foundation (8/1)
- Mark Shuttleworth Founder, Ubuntu (7/22)
Marten Mickos, SVP GM of Cloud, HP (Formerly CEO, Eucalyptus Systems)
Adrian Ionel & Marten Mickos visited #theCUBE at Open Stack Silicon Valley this week at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA. The topic at large, HP’s recent acquisition of Eucalyptus Systems. Mickos, the former CEO of Eucalyptus Systems, provides an insider perspective into how the deal came to be and offers his thoughts on the state of HP Cloud. A division inside HP where he will be General Manager. In addition to the buzz surrounding Eucalyptus and HP there was an event ongoing, OpenStack Silicon Valley. Prior to HP’s acquisition of Eucalytpus Systems one would be suprised to see Mickos at an OpenStack event. Eucalyptus Systems is a rival to the OpenStack effort. Now as an employee at HP, a large supporter of OpenStack, Mickos has changed his stance on the community and joined Ionel in providing a state of the union for OpenStack. The next challenge for OpenStack, according to Ionel, is to make the community more attractive to developers. Look for OpenStack to focus more on developers leading to their European conference this November in Paris, France.
Congratulations Marten & Adrian, you are #theCUBE guests of the week!