Guest of the Week (10/24)
Kumar Sreekanti, Co-founder & CEO, BlueData
- Russ Turner, Site Reliability Engineering Manager, Domino’s (10/17)
- Jim McHugh, VP – UCS Marketing, Cisco & Shannon Poulin, VP & GM, Data Center Marketing and Enterprise IT Segment, Intel
- Charles Phillips, Infor (9/24)
- Adrian Ionel, Mirantis, & Marten Mickos, HP (9/19)
- Dan Gordon, COO & Co-Founder, Gordon Biersch Brewing Co. (9/12)
- Ben Golub, CEO, Docker, Inc. (9/5)
- Pat Gelsinger, CEO of VMware (8/29)
- Michael Jordan, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, University of California, Berkeley (8/22)
- Craig Snodgrass, Chief Strategy Officer, Cardlytics (8/15)
- Jonathon Bryce Executive Director, OpenStack Foundation (8/1)
- Mark Shuttleworth Founder, Ubuntu (7/22)
Before co-founding BlueData, Kumar was Vice President of R&D at VMware where he was responsible for Storage and Availability in the Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit. His responsibilities included VSAN, Virtual Volumes, Virtual Flash, Virtual Storage Appliance, SRM (Site Recovery Manager), High Availability, SMP-FT and Virtual Storage Fabric. Before VMware, Kumar was the founding CEO and CTO of Agami Systems, a high-performance, distributed NAS company. Clearly experienced, Kumar and his company BlueData recently just won the Startup Showcase Award at Strata + Hadoop World.
In this interview, Kumar Sreekanti, CEO of BlueData, details how BlueData won the Startup Showcase Award and why the timing is perfect for the company live inside theCUBE with Wikibon’s Dave Vellante and SiliconANGLE’s Jeff Frick from the floor of #BigDataNYC 2014 in New York City.
Congratulations Kumar, you are #theCUBE guests of the week!