Guest of the Week (10/17)
Russ Turner, Site Reliability Engineering Manager, Domino’s
- Jim McHugh, VP – UCS Marketing, Cisco & Shannon Poulin, VP & GM, Data Center Marketing and Enterprise IT Segment, Intel
- Charles Phillips, Infor (9/24)
- Adrian Ionel, Mirantis, & Marten Mickos, HP (9/19)
- Dan Gordon, COO & Co-Founder, Gordon Biersch Brewing Co. (9/12)
- Ben Golub, CEO, Docker, Inc. (9/5)
- Pat Gelsinger, CEO of VMware (8/29)
- Michael Jordan, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, University of California, Berkeley (8/22)
- Craig Snodgrass, Chief Strategy Officer, Cardlytics (8/15)
- Jonathon Bryce Executive Director, OpenStack Foundation (8/1)
- Mark Shuttleworth Founder, Ubuntu (7/22)
Originally Dominos Pizza brought Splunk into its system to monitor real-time sales during the 2011 Super Bowl. Over the past three years, however, the international pizza franchise has expanded their use of Splunk to a variety of use cases, including “app monitoring, security monitoring, and eCommerce monitoring,” said Russ Turner, Engineering Manager for Site Reliability at Dominos.
During a live interview with theCUBE at this year’s Splunk conference, Turner explained that Dominos uses Splunk to extract learnings its “goldmine of data.” For example, Turner said his team uses Splunk compare online ordering across mobile, iPad, and web platforms. They compare how different elements of those systems, like rich graphics, drive sales. Splunk functionality, he commented, helps Dominos “see the fruits of data in real time.” [Read More]
Congratulations Russ, you are #theCUBE guests of the week!